Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh Bother

I realized last week that I'd changed gauge on the Mermaid as I knit it. Although I'd almost finished the body, I wound up frogging it entirely. I can't believe that I didn't notice, but it happened. It was way too small for the intended victim, so there wasn't a real choice, there isn't a point in giving someone a sweater that doesn't fit. I decided to knit the sleeves first this time, I finished the second one this morning.

Right now I'm starting on a job of sweater repair. It is a sweater that I believe has come something of a Velveteen Rabbit for the owner. He's had it for 37 years and has worn it every winter. It has held up well, but it needs some help.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you have to frog. How depressing!

On the other hand, a sweater that's been worn for 37 years...is that a record?? :)

Anonymous said...

I started knitting my sweaters sleeves first in the round because they go so fast that way. I pumps me up for knitting the bigger pieces. Perhaps that is why love knitting baby things. Now after 15 years of being the Baby Sweater Lady at church I am getting a granddaughter and a grandson with a 10 month span. lol
Cindy