Sunday, May 07, 2006

Shawl Progress

. I realized, when I took a picture of my shawl, that once you reached a certain point, appearances are deceptive. It really needs something to show quite how far it has grown. Six inches or 12 look almost alike, really. sigh You can't tell from the pictures, but these two pictures were taken several days apart. I did a lot of work between them. But you can't tell. Sigh. Except for the YardstickAnd yet, the first picture looks to be the same size as the second, because there isn't a frame of reference in it. So, this time, I used the ruler as a sign that I am knitting away! But sheesh, it does look as if the top picture has been knit more than the bottom. I'm going to confess to taking 6 pictures to get the second one. I even taped the needle straight so I could see progress.

No comments: