Tuesday, October 09, 2007

long time no post

I headed out to Colorado to visit my parents and DD. Dad became sick the day after I got here, and I've been on a run. Mom is now sick as well, so life is doubly exciting. :(

I've extended my stay for a week, instead of flying home this morning I plan to fly home next Tuesday.

Did enjoy a meeting with the Evergreen Yarn Floozies last Thursday, I hope to meet up with them again this week, but there are no guarantees.

My Rogue is almost finished, I need to wash and block it then sew in the ends. Pictures soon, I promise! I'm in the process of starting Serena's out of New Zealand possum/wool. Yummy stuff in the hand!

Friday Mom fell in love with a sweater at Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins in Boulder. I'm going to try to deconstruct it, as the sweater is part of a class offered this fall at the store. I don't plan to be here for any of the 4 sessions, so couldn't sign up for it and get the pattern.

The leaves are falling in earnest up here. Interesting, because they were on glorious display when I arrived. There is a small grove of aspen someone has planted in their front yard, it was glorious the other evening with the light causing them to glow. Today they almost looked tawdry, as if they had dressed up in discarded garments. If that makes any sense.

Up here the angle of the sun affects appearances greatly. When the sun shines at certain angles, everything seems almost magical. But when the sun has gone down further, the same scene looks dull.

No comments: