Sunday, October 23, 2005

Stash Comfort Level

There have been some posts on other blogs about stash comfort levels. I think each of us have to establish our own limit and not fret about it. Is it taking money from essentials in life? Is it taking up too much space in YOUR opinion? If both of these answers are no, then I'm not too worried!

My stash has been my sanity saver. I had to stop working for health reasons in 2000. Since then, I've pretty much lived off my stash. It has dwindled drastically since then. Oh, I've bought a bit, but not like I did before. There have been some generous gifts from friends who have enhanced the stash too. But the majority of my fiber adventures has been from stash shopping. By having the stash on hand, I could continue to do what I loved, without guilt.

Now I'm going to have to do some really thoughtful planning with my stash. What to do with about 2 pounds seconds (I think) of black 3 ply Kroy sock yarn. Things like that. It will take a long time to knit! LOL

Waiting for some yarn to arrive -- so I can finish test-knitting a sweater. Shouldn't take long once it gets here.

1 comment:

Serena said...

If you feel the need to stash shop, you can dig through my stash while you're here.