Friday, October 14, 2005

Thoughts

Nathan graduates with his Associate's Degree December 14th. I'm so proud of him! He has worked full time while attending college full time. This has been a long, hard slog for him, and he has done really well! There have been quite a few jokes as to what he will do with all the free time when he is done. Hey Nathan, I'm PROUD of you!

Migraines seem to be my body's weight loss management program. I do say it is working. Slowly, but it is working. I do wish I wouldn't come up with new foods I can't eat. We bought 25# of dried garbanzo beans with the last food coop order, and the first batch I cooked found out that they trigger -- migraines. Now I'm trying to find someone who will take the rest of the beans from us. Just called the local food pantry, and they are delighted. They are low on food, as people have contributed so much of their charitable dollars to hurricane relief instead of local needs. So, there we go! Whew! I don't need to worry about THAT any more.

The knitting is moving along nicely. As it is garter, it is always slower than I think.

Hint 1 When knitting the two fronts and the back at the same time (in separate pieces) I'm putting one ball on my right side, one ball in my lap, and one ball on my left side. That seems to stop the atrocious tangles that have happened in the past. Of course, it does mean that getting up quickly is a thing of the past. LOL

Hint 2 When working several pieces together (to make sure they are the exact same size) pin the pieces together with safety pins, so you have, in effect, one continuous piece with several ends. When you get to a split, change yarns and keep going. The only time you turn and go back the other direction is when you reach an UNPINNED edge. Just don't stop at a pin, you'll confuse yourself! Let me know if you need a visual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Nathan! You did it!

--Alison