Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm a coward, reading and knitting

I'll admit to being a coward today. I didn't knit a stitch. I wanted to start a new week on the calendar -- to get this week and all its mistakes behind me before I started again.

Either that or I was lazy. Take your pick. Either way, I didn't knit today. I curled up on the couch and read, listening to the rain as it fell all day. I thought about casting on for the vest, but that is a lot of stitches. The yarn and the pattern were beside me. I read. Tomorrow is another day that Howard will be away most of the day, I plan to start then.

I like books on tape or CD for that reason. I can "read" and knit. Especially when I'm doing a complicated pattern. Once the vest is cast on, I can read an actual book while I knit it. The shawl has 3 rows that allow reading and one pattern row that requires attention. Not bad. But a book on tape allows me to sit back (instead of hunched over the book) and not worry about turning pages. That is a decided advantage.

Anyway, tomorrow is the start of a new week, time to start my projects again!

No comments: