Monday, April 17, 2006

Knitalong Yarn is Here!


I'm heading up a Knitalong starting May 1, The pattern we are going to be doing is Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer's "Elegantly Simply Triangular Shawl". Our blog is here. If you want to join the fun, go here.

My yarn got here today. Isn't it gorgeous! It is Heritage Yarns Black and Grey in a Rainbow World in Cloud 9, a 50/50 cotton/rayon.

On other knitting fronts, I finally finished detangling the cotton/linen yarn with Howard's help. There were times I despaired. It took about an hour an ounce. Considering the fact that I had a pound of it, you can gauge the amount of frustration involved. I just did a gauge swatch, this yarn wants to be knit tightly to look good. I'd thought a size 2, I'm using a 0 with extra tension. If I had a 00, it would be happy.

Over the weekend I knit up a shoulder shawl with a mohair yarn and a ribbon yarn. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I think the best color description is bittersweet. Makes me happy looking at it. The yarns were the same color, with the difference you get because of the difference of material.

No comments: