Sunday, April 15, 2007

Duluth Vistas

We climbed Enger Tower. I forgot to take a picture of it! The Tower is 5 stories tall. There are 96 steps from the entrance of the Tower to the top. Goodness! I am quite pleased that I managed to make it all the way to the top without stopping. Whew! I could really feel it by the top. These are shots from the top of the Tower. The bridge in the first two pictures is a lift bridge, the entire center of the bridge rises vertically to allow a vessel through. We stayed near the Bridge. Downtown Duluth has a neat boardwalk that extends for miles for pedestrians, bicycles and other healthy activities. There were so many families out Saturday morning!

This picture actually shows the distance from the Tower to the Bridge, but the zoom feature helped tremendously on the first one! The distance caused the pictures to have a blue tint that I couldn't fix.



A different view from the Tower.

I planned to show you a picture of my socks that I'm working on, I started the first one on the way up, and almost finished the second sock top on the way home. I have a half inch to go on the second top, and then it is on to the heels on both of them. Unfortunately, the pictures do now show the pattern or the correct color. I'll try again tomorrow, in the sunlight.

It is good to be home. We are all unpacked, and looking forward to the rest of the week that Howard has off.

No comments: