Thursday, November 18, 2010

NaKniSweMo

Okay, I admit it. I'm a glutton for punishment.There is another side to NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. That is NoKniSweMo - National Knit a Sweater Month. Knitters pledge to knit 50,000 stitches during the month of November, most planning to knit a sweater, starting November 1 and finishing before the of day November 30.

I wasn't going to do it, really truly! But then I started doing the math for a hat for DSIL - 3 ply yarn on 0 needles. I realized that it would take pretty close, if not more than 50,000 stitches. So, I signed on to the bandwagon November 8th. You will notice that I was already behind the eight ball, eh?

I decided to add Merri's baby blanket (the three generation one) to the mix, to give my hands relief, worsted weight for a while, then sock weight. Back and forth, forth and back. So, I started a spreadsheet, to track the stitch count on both projects. The other night I realized that I was close to the 50,000 stitches, but neither project was close to completion. My current goal is to finish both projects by the end of November. Insanity? Probably. I'll let you know the final stitch count at the end of the month. Can I do it? Dunno. But next year I will plan the project ahead of time!

No comments: