Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall

The trees are past their peak, the birds are leaving and it is getting colder. 

I went for a walk today, very few birds, most that I did see were in flocks and flying high.  The weeds along the road are still pretty colorful, there are a few areas which still have a bit of green, mostly in a ditch with water.  Some of the weeds were a bright yellow, very pretty.  The corn/maize looked to have dried out a lot, but we had a lot of rain yesterday, so it will need to dry out again before harvest.

My electric teakettle started leaking around the bottom, the seal seems to be having problems.  This is getting ridiculous!  This is the third brand in less than 2 months.  This company has offered to replace it for $10.  I will probably accept their offer, as it is cheaper than buying another new one.  But darn!  I like hot tea, and it is getting colder, otherwise I might decide to forget it.   My question, is this an ongoing issue with electric teakettles or am I just having a run of bad luck?  Someone posted on Ravelry that her Mom really likes a specific kettle, but I don't have $100+ to spend on it!  The first series were in the under $20 range, I doubled the cost on this one (cheapest I could find once I ruled out the 2 brands I'd tried.) 

Oh well, whine over.  I'll let you know what happens with further contact with customer service.  At least it isn't the 8 months someone else waited for a replacement from a different company (and that was a coffee pot.)

No comments: