Monday, August 22, 2005

When the going gets tough, I get knitting

So, Dora's jacket body is still in time out. But, the sleeves are growing. I know you can't tell from the picture, but they are actually at about 8 inches. Growing nicely, is one way to look at it. Enough to ease my mind about the blasted edging. Of course, I'll probably finish the sleeves just about in time to need a project to take to the wedding next week. The jacket might be a good project for that, as it won't require notes, but there is a lot of bulk involved, so it isn't the best for knitting in a plane. More thinking required.

Just for fun, I started Karis, from Rowan 36, designed by Sharon Miller. Of course, I'm not using the yarn called for. This is a mohair/wool that Belinda Daniel sent me from Australia. Wow, is it wonderful to knit with! I wanted to block the edging before I picked up the stitches for the body, so here you can see what it blocked out to look like. Nice, eh?

No comments: