Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fun Visit

Monday we drove down to a friend I met on the Spinlist, some time ago. We'd never met before, just corresponded and talked on the phone. We started corresponding when I responded to her request for help in knitting socks. I knit the christening gown for their granddaughter (who is now 5!) Sheesh, how time goes by!
Anyway, they raise Schipperkes, and have a puppy in the house who is as cute as can be, and looks like a black bear cub! Here are pictures of Julie and Bill with Missy, as well as one of Missy.

Just because I've never shown it off here, I've also attached a poor picture of the back of the christening gown. The glass buttons weighed more than the gown itself! I used some finer than cobweb wool/silk that Jaggerspun did as a one-off. I WISH they would do it again, it was gorgeous! The pattern is from Gladys Amedro's book, "Shetland Lace".
Laughing at myself, I blocked the skirt carefully on a bed pillow, only to realize I'd blocked it WIDE and SHORT instead of LONG and NARROW! sigh Which meant I carefully unpinned all of it, changed the way it was on the pillow, dampened the piece and blocked it again. sniff Luck lace is so forgiving! It was fine enough that it was almost dry before it was pinned out! Lots of spray from a water bottle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That gown is absolutely the most gorgeous thing I have seen in a long time. Wow. And wow.