Thursday, September 27, 2012

New to me

Today my brother took me to the horse races.  Something I've never done before.  He had a great time trying to explain betting theories and such.  We were outside, the clouds alternately covered and uncovered the sun.  I think I may have a mild sunburn.  But for late September, it was a glorious day.

The most fun was the race where he had chosen 2 horses that finished in a photo finish.  I had more fun watching him than the horses!  Since I didn't have any money riding on the race, I didn't have any emotional ties to the races.

People there were very nice.  We were at the senior days, so most of the spectators were our age or older.  Would I do it again?  Probably not, unless he is visiting again and wants to go.

AND I almost finished a hat while I was there!  WINNER!

No comments: