Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Oops, a spot of explanation

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by my complaint about the situation with Howard. No, I don't mind taking care of him. I love him dearly. But I was caught off guard terribly. I also owe him big time for helping me after both my wrist injuries. We were laughing that when I did mine he drew the line at inserting tampons, pierced earrings, and contact lens. I'm trying to come up with where I should draw the line. Suggestions? LOL After all, I should reciprocate, don't YOU think?

Things are going to be difficult for a while. For example, today I sent him off on his own to physical therapy (about a half block down the street.) I took out the recycling bin, took out the trash, and because of the storm last night, managed to trigger a migraine. Got a call from the physical therapist that they needed me to learn how to help with his PT. Okay. Walked down (can't drive like that!) and helped out. Walked back. By then I was pretty nauseated. Took my medicine and had a nap. I'm going to have to figure out coping skills.

This afternoon we need to go get him some knit shirts that button all the way down that leave more room for his shoulder. His cotton dress shirts just don't allow enough wiggle room. Maybe I'll wear a mask. He seems to have the pain more under control today, which is great. I can tell that he is getting a bit of cabin fever too. Maybe he can go into work tomorrow for a bit. I think it would be good for him emotionally.

No comments: