Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Attacked by a project!

This is partly what I wrote to Dianne and Helle, partly new rambling.

Monday night I decided to finally ball up some 5 skeins of yarn that have been waiting. For a long time for me to get a "Round TUIT." I was ready to start Mom's sweater. I really truly was. See, I had 2+ skeins (minus the swatch) all rolled. I had the gauge swatch done and measured. I had the provisional cast-on done for the sleeves. And I stalled. Big time. I was so tired, I just couldn't do it.

Showered, because I felt I was salt encrusted (it hasn't been a good time for these prednisone hot flashes. I am changing clothes fairly constantly during the day.)

Picked up one ball of the teal Butterfly cotton to do a gauge swatch. Just that. And it grew. I rifled through some Mon Tricot books, trying to find just what I wanted -- a onesie. Couldn't. Did find a top with matching shorts that could be adapted, I guess. Won't look like the original when I'm done! :)

Started the first flap, then did the second. Finally went to bed. Woke up at 4 this morning and couldn't sleep. Stayed in bed for about a half hour and gave up. I went into the other room, grabbed my knitting and a book and away I went. I we t to Kmart and picked up 4 onesies 9 month, 12 month, 18 month and 24 month Howard was at a meeting down the street. I can have enough to make a pattern in each size. If people are interested. I find it curious, all 4 were the same brand. The size 12 month was SMALLER than the 9. In fact, the two are reversed. I would say that somewhere there was a mistake.

Mom's sweater, of course, hasn't started. But I'm feeling really good about this one! LOL

I love Butterfly cotton. This is a DK, I'm knitting it fairly tightly -- at 6 sts an inch. I thought about doing snaps at the crotch, but I also remember how the snap tapes didn't hold well when I sewed things for Serena. So I thought small buttons. I think that if I do offer it up for a pattern, that I should do it in more than one color. Teal is what I have on hand. I'll have to see what I can find. I'm not doing a "girlie" color (which is all pretty much is offered on Ravelry at this time, unless I want to buy enough for MANY!) because I prefer that it be WORN! LOL

I woke up early again this morning and started in on this way a great deal of joy. Well, except for the time that I was talking with Howard later in the morning and suddenly bound off! That was a surprise. grin

It is in the dryer now, already having gone through the wash. I am hoping that washing will even the stitches, I did this in stockinette, but I really need to knit a cotton in at least a SIMPLE pattern, as it shows every single freaking tension change.

This is the first project in a long time that has grabbed me and not let go! :)

No comments: