Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mom's Sweater

So earlier in the week I was going to post this picture, of the finished sleeves. Took the picture, never put it up.
Early this morning I finished the body of the sweater. "Only" the miles of edging to go. Around both sleeves and the entire sweater. That may take as long as the REST of the sweater!
I wish I could get a picture that clearly shows the color. It is a mainly blue, but there are flecks of magenta and green, so it "reads" more of a teal. At least, it does to me.

I find it fun that I am knitting with this color. As I started in on it, I realized it is the same tones as Howard's vest I knit years ago o of the now discontinued color of Woolease -- Tartan Twist. That one used plies of the various colors to achieve the desired effect. The yarn I am spinning on Albert, my Victoria wheel is turning out the same as Mom's yarn, I'm spinning it so the colors blend instead of separating. I now know what to do so that I can make the colors separate, but right now I'm happy with the tweed effect. I don't know how many pairs of socks Iknit out of Tartan Twist, that was a color that several people were drawn to when I was knitting Joan's sock pattern, the pattern that taught so many knitlisters to knit and love socks. There we were, all learning at the same time. Whee! It was a fun time!

No comments: