Thursday, May 12, 2005

Power!

Under the category of you don't realize how much you rely on it until it isn't there, count electricity high up there! We've been having thunderboomers rumble through with lots of rain for several days. This morning, just as I was powering down the computer the lights in the fiber room flashed on and off several times then stayed off -- for nearly 40 minutes. Now, we've been having warm weather. Not today. I believe our high today was 48. The house was decidedly chilly. You know, the kind of day where you want to walk into the kitchen and plug in the electric kettle for a mug of tea? nope! As for turning on the light so I can see to knit the doll house afghan, forget it! I did knit on Dora's sweater, which warmed me twice -- the wool of her sweater going through my fingers as well as the wool resting on my legs. Too bad it wasn't bigger! I figure that will be my plane knitting, as I don't want to risk the afghan being confiscated for the needles being weapons! They do have sharp points!

No comments: