Sunday, November 13, 2005

I'm amazed

Two people in two grocery stores while in Colorado offered outstanding service.

On the first, I commented at the checkout. The person there automatically felt I was voicing a complaint, and called the manager on duty. She was very surprised that anyone would bother. She asked me to fill out a customer response form. When I did so, she said the person would probably get an award, as it happens so seldom.

At the second store, the person had already clocked out for lunch, but when she heard that I was looking for dried smoked peppers (hey they aren't readily available in my part of Iowa!) she came by and helped. When I got to the checkout I again commented and filled out a customer response form. They had to track her down to be sure I had the right person (bad Mary!) She came by to thank me, and I could tell it was a rare occurance. But it obviously made her day.

Please, when someone does a good job, let the people above them know! THAT is the way to counter in a small way the growing negativity we see around us!

I'm practicing avoidance techniques this morning...

You Belong in London

A little old fashioned, and a little modern.
A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.
A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.
No wonder you and London will get along so well.


Your Hair Should Be Orange

Expressive, deep, and one of a kind.
You pull off "weird" well - hardly anyone notices.


You Should Get a PhD in Liberal Arts (like political science, literature, or philosophy)

You're a great thinker and a true philosopher.
You'd make a talented professor or writer.

No comments: