Sunday, September 17, 2006
I was knitting along on the sock. Working away at the gusset, when I noticed something odd. Investigated further, and I saw this.When I started knitting the gusset, I REVERSED the stitch pattern! It isn't really clear in the picture, but you can see a change of texture. With a few well-chosen words, I dropped those 36 stitches back to before the error started, and knit them up again, this time IN THE CORRECT PATTERN! There are a couple of tiny holes that need to be adjusted, but it is back together and beyond where it happened. For a while, when I first dropped the stitches down, it looked as if I had a bunch of burgundy spaghetti hanging off the sock. Unfortunately, that picture didn't turn out.