Tuesday, February 13, 2007

socked

I've taken those socks off the needles. I'm not happy with having to make 2 pairs of socks to make them match. I put the other 2 skeins in a "safe" place, and can't put my hands on them now to see how they look.

I called the store where I purchased the yarn, and warned her. She is just starting to sell yarn (it has been a scrap-book only store for years) and doesn't need to have a first-time customer (or any other customer!) angry because the yarn color is bad. I don't know if she will return the rest of the yarn or not. She offered to have me return the yarn I have. I probably won't. Don't have a CLUE what I'm going to do with it, though.

Then yesterday I decided to start a new pair of knee socks, only top down this time. Were you around the Knitlist when Regia first began making a splash on the knitting scene? I have several of their pattern booklets from that time. I did a trade with Holly Doyne while she was in Europe -- I'd send over things she needed, she'd send me pattern books and yarn. Worked for us. Anyway one of their booklets is on knee socks. I'm going to use one of those patterns. It is one I've meant to knit since I first got the pattern book! So much that going through my booklets yesterday I found 2 copies of the booklet in English and one in German. LOL

So, I went through my stash and found 4 skeins of white -- again from Patons. I've had these for several years -- before we moved to the Midwest. They are discoloring! They are all the same dye lot, yet 2 look creamy, the other 2 white. No, I didn't spill tea on them! At that point I backed away from all yarn. That was NOT the time to start any new sock projects, obviously. Later I started the new pair with Knitpicks Color Your Own sock yarn. I've not knit with it before, but it feels nice so far as I'm working on it.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Yup, way back when. Regia, and it came out so cool: who knew?