Thursday, May 31, 2007

Garter Stitch

Why is it that I found knitting the Ballerina sweaters so fun and fast, yet knitting garter stitch is normally boring for me? I started another sweater in garter, and am struggling to get going on it. As in, I have less than an inch knit, and I've been working on it for 3 days!

On the Ballerinas, there was always something happening. A stripe, a gusset -- whatever. I did find the bands difficult, again because there really wasn't anything happening. I looked forward to the next step -- the next change. Otherwise, it takes so much longer to knit than stockinette because I'm knitting more rows.

I leave you with my pathetic results of 3 days of knitting. Shameful, isn't it, as I'm really not terribly mobile at this point? Maybe I should add stripes to keep my interest up! I did realize, as I typed this, that one of my problems is that I normally read while I knit. I use my heel to hold the book. Can't do that right now. Is THAT the reason I've not been knitting, with all this lovely knitting time? Must get a book in the CD player, I guess!

No comments: