Sunday, November 11, 2007

At least a little knitting

Today I was able to sit and knit for the first time since I got home. It hasn't been because I was too busy, but I didn't have the oomph. This afternoon I picked up a sleeve, with the intention of knitting just a few rows. Many hours later the first sleeve is up to the underarm (it was an inch along, so 17 inches was knit today) and almost 2 inches of the second sleeve is under my belt. That feels good, to have the knitting block lifted. I do NOT plan to finish it by this weekend. It would be nice, but reality should play a part, don't you think? After all, I'm going to need knitting for the 10 hours we spend in the car, even though we'll share driving. That still is about 5 hours of knitting time...surely I can accomplish something during that!

I'm wondering about bringing something really simple for the baby to the shower, and asking everyone to put in one stitch. I suspect Serena and I would be the only ones who know how to knit, so that may be asking too much time of the party. It would be fun, though, don't you think? To have something that both grandmothers, all of the aunts, and other friends and relatives contributed in the making. Kind of like the 3 generation afghan gone crazy. Speaking of which, I really need to get that put together this week!

No comments: