Sunday, August 19, 2007

Colorado

Yesterday we drove an hour to my favorite yarn store then met up with the aunt and her two daughters who live in Iowa. They were in Loveland visiting Kay’s daughter for the weekend and wanted to see Mom. I’ve lived in Iowa 4 years, but this is the first time my cousins and I have gotten together. I see their Mom several times a year as she lives about an hour away. Do you find it as ironic as I do that we had to catch up with each other HERE?

Anyway, not much knitting is getting done. I think part of that is stress. I can’t imagine why, can you? Sigh and grin.

I did pick up some great yarns for grandchild to be. Dalegarn Falk for a Debbie New baby set and Encore Chunky for a jacket. And some FANTASTIC buttons! I love the fun buttons you can get now!

I left some of my asthma medicine home by mistake. Howard was a dear and mailed it out Friday for delivery this weekend. This morning I sat in the living room, working on the computer with a cat in my lap. On my left was the picture window in the living room, on my right was the patio door looking out over trees and mountains. Bliss! As I sat there two does and a fawn came mincing by on my left, while birds arrived and departed on both sides! What a wonderful relaxing time! I had to stop when my computer, which had been plugged in, died for lack of battery. Not sure what happened, I moved it to another outlet and it was fine.

No comments: