Saturday, August 18, 2007

Positive Thoughts

I'm in Colorado, to help Mom with this difficult period. I'm not going to be online much. But someone posted this somewhere, and it really struck a chord with me.

The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. -- Chinese proverb

This is true in so many areas of my life. It deals with stress, knitting, exercise, weight control -- each begins with a small step or stone. It is in continued action that progress is seen. But it is still a series of actions. I sometimes forget that -- wanting to see the finish without doing the rest of the steps. Some things are easier for me to accept that I need to complete the stages -- knitting is the only thing that comes to mind, honestly. The rest -- I want to see progress and I want it NOW!

No comments: