Wednesday, December 22, 2004

New Project!

I've been attacked by the desire to do a new project! Sheesh! Here I was, working somewhat diligently on Serena's graduation sweater (progress pictures to come when I borrow Nathan's camera) and suddenly... Wham! I've been attacked! It is a DO IT NOW!I'm doing it in 2 strands of the caramel color yarn I bought from Webs. I figure that the yarn for this will run less than $15! The ZIPPER will probably cost almost that much!

It wants to be the replacement for my poor Red Jacket from Denver 87 that needs to be retired. It has been my comfort jacket -- the thing I put on when I'm upset or feeling badly. It has been a great friend, but it is tired. The zips are all broken. It has holes. Since I never put the hood up, I don't think I'll miss it. May continue the zip up the collar, though, for warmth when I'm REALLY cold! In wool... YUM!

Another thought for that yarn from Webs, but how many sweaters can Serena handle? I thought briefly about starting her off on one, good plane knitting (I'm steeking it), but I don't know if I have the yarn for it. Her call. I have the grey and the blueberry yarns waiting for activity...

I am avoiding like the plague working on the newsletter this morning. Got a call just before 7 that someone had died, and wasn't able to go back to sleep. Too cold. My feet wouldn't warm up. The fiber room is 65* right now. If Nathan complains about his room being too cold, I may have him sleep in there! When I went in at 7 to write down the note, it was 64, and that was AFTER the furnace had been running. No WONDER I'm cold in here.

3 bulletins are done for this week. Newsletter and another bulletin for next week. One bulletin for the next. Then Jodi should be back.

I need tea. I missed the coop order the first of the month. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and drive down to Ames for tea. Lipton gives me a headache. Hm, just asked Nathan to pick some up. We'll see how that goes.

Hope Nathan and Kim were able to meet their deadlines last night!

Right now, they are saying -13 wind chill. ouch

No comments: