Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Briefly

Briefly this morning, I felt great! I didn't have a headache. No nausea, no light sensitivity. I lay there rejoicing, afraid to move, and wondered why we don't pay more attention to such feelings more often.

Then, I moved. Darn it. It all came rushing back. But for a brief period of time I was able to remember how it felt to be "normal". And I can once again hope for that in my life. I'm not sure which is easier. In a way, it almost feels it was cruel, because the long slog without letup was starting to seem normal. Right now, I am torn between hope that this means it is lessening, and false hope.

On other notes, I had my hairs cut (the children insisted you did not have just one hair cut, but you had many hairs cut, and the tradition has continued in this family) this morning, the lady forgot that my part is going to stubbornly continue, so we will see how that plays out. Annette, remember the pixie cuts we used to get? Ta-dah! That's what I got this time, just a bit longer, curled on the ends. I guess my face just cries out for it. I don't know, I had my eyes closed against the light.

The neurologist has taken back my case, I will see him on Tuesday. He, for some reason, was under the impression that the migraine had stopped, and that I'd been having a SERIES of migraines in this period of time. Don't we wish!

The Clapotis skittered off the end of the needle and had a merry time trying to make a mess. I've retrieved it as best as possible, and gone on. One repeat is going to have a dropped stitch at 2 stitches instead of 3, but it was that or frog about 10 rows. Executive decision.

Rain through the end of the week. Enjoy.

Last night as Serena mentioned that Dad had been talking about the family farm near Conrad in Grundy County, the weather alert sounded with a severe thunderstorm warning in -- Conrad in Grundy County! It isn't supposed to sound unless it is for THIS area! How is that for small world! Grundy is east of us by 2 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, pixie cuts. Remember Mom putting scotch tape across our bangs and cutting down the middle, then ripping off the little piece still stuck to our hair?