Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Sharon's Socks

Hand Scrub for Rough Skin


I give you Sharon's socks -- which, despite my attempt at making them not match struggled to match, and I think they succeeded much more than I did!

May I also recommend a sugar and olive oil scrub when your hands are dry and rough? This was suggested on the knitlist, many years ago, and I don't always remember. My hands were so rough after knitting with these socks, there is enough cotton that the finger tips weren't happy. Mix perhaps a tablespoon of white sugar with enough olive oil until it is a paste. Rub it together in your hands. This will scrub away all the roughness on your hands. Rinse with warm water, and pat dry. Your skin absorbs the oil, the sugar is rinsed away. I make this up and keep it in the bathroom for when I need it, otherwise I won't remember to use it!

No comments: