Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sharon's Socks

I wanted a project that wouldn't tax any brain cells, so I started Sharon's socks. Finally. The poor things have been on my "to do" list for so terribly long! If Sharon were any kind of a nagging cousin, she would have called me and asked me why I hadn't even started them! As it was, she hasn't. Which does not bode well for the knitted items she had wanted for her grandkids, does it? Um, Sharon, ask, will ya?

I decided, that since she is as quirky (in a very nice way, I hasten to assure you!) as I am, that I'm take advantage of the yarn's (Regia Cotton -- a superwash wool and cotton) tendency to individuality. It IS a self-striping yarn. I took no precautions to make the yarns match. In FACT, I looked as I started the socks, and tried to be sure they wouldn't. Behold, my attempt at tempting fate... sigh





The slight variations seems to be caused, so far, by the needles. I can't believe it. If I had WANTED to get them to match so well I wouldn't have been able to do such a good job! Sharon, you are stuck with a pair of matching socks. Sorry.

No comments: