Thursday, June 07, 2007

Dye Job

Okay, I said I was going to write and ask for opinions. The cone on the right is the cotton/acrylic/wool yarn in the original color. The little sample on the left is what I originally knit up as a gauge swatch and then dyed in the same stock solution. The back is how the dyed skein turned out.





I used less dye for the skein, because I thought the sample turned out a bit dark. I forgot to stir the dye solution before I poured it in, I think the brown dye rose to the top and the yellow sank, don't you? My whole plan was to take the coned yarn to a warmer color. Do you think I succeeded? Or should I mix up the dye solution thoroughly and dye it again? Thoughts? This is supposed to be a summer top for me.

2 comments:

Serena said...

Looking at it, you might want to redye; it did turn brown, but it's more of a cool-toned brown, from the pictures.

Love you!

Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio said...

I love the bronze look, really. I think it looks great!!!