Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Whee!

Saw the doctor today about the foot. Much to all of our delight, the bone is still in place! I'm in the boot for at least another 5 weeks, then it is up to the x-ray and pain level to find out how much longer. As one of the nurses there in the office said, "Well, it is your own fashion statement." I did ask him what cardio exercise I could do. He stopped for a bit, looked at me and said, "moving your arms a lot."

I brought my Anne Grout laceweight Acorn Spindle with the gorgeous Australian merino roving in multi-colored browns from the lovely Belinda Daniels with me to the doctor's office. Put the little bowl in my lap and S T R E T C H E D my arm up as high as it could go before winding on each time. Received some bemused looks, but hey, I was productive! The X-ray tech looked at me and asked what I was doing. I explained. She said, "Hey you are actually SPINNING the yarn! That is why they call it that!" There was a gentleman waiting who commented that I was getting my aerobic exercise doing that. After I went back for the x-ray he started questioning Howard on exactly what I was doing and other fiber info. As we left to go into an exam room he thanked Howard for "an informative chat." smile I thought, while I was sitting waiting for the doctor that I really should call the Extension office and see if they would like a spinning demo at the fair this summer.

No comments: