Thursday, June 14, 2007

Good Gracious!

It has been one of those odd days. Almost everything I've done has lead inevitably to another, after another.

I decided today that enough was enough. Time to defrost the upright freezer. Luckily everything that was necessary fit into the ice chest. After a bit there was a loud sound in the kitchen. The ice had started to fall, and melt all over, ignoring the towels that were down. More towels. Cleanup. More towels. Did a load of towels in the wash.

Right now the little freezer is defrosting. Might as well get it over in one day, don't you think? The cooler will keep the stuff frozen, there isn't anything in it that will spoil if it warms up. I keep wool goods in there and some bulk foods. I heard a clunk a few minutes ago, some ice must have fallen. I'll check in a few minutes. If I'd thought, I would have saved the load of towels and done them AFTER the little freezer. sigh

Last night I finished a hood on a sweater, kitchenered it closed, and realized I had mis-read the directions. It was almost 2 inches too short. Rats! So, I unpicked the graft stitch by stitch and started to knit it up again. Today I redid the graft, and I think I may have the graft in garter stitch figured out. Instead of inserting the needle on the back row as if to purl and take off, I inserted it as if to knit and took the stitch off. I was going to show you, but the batteries on the camera died and are recharging as I type! Sheesh! It won't take too much longer, and I'll get a shot of it. Hm, I'm not quite sure how to take a picture of it that will be in focus and show you the seam "up close an personal", but you can see that it flows quite nicely, thank you very much!

Still on a knitting string, I don't think I'm going to be able to meet up with the Evergreen Yarn Floozies this visit! Rats! I enjoy meeting with them. I'll have to see if there is any other fiber goodness going on while we are there.

Some time ago Charlotte was reading my blog. She was a real sweetheart and sent me some sourdough starter. This stuff is great! This starter has been going for 30+ years! It sure makes lovely bread! Or rolls. I tend to make hard rolls right now, as I can portion control them from the start. Thank you again, Charlotte!

No comments: