Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I really don't like to knit i-cord

I really do not like knitting i-cord. I think part of the reason is that I can't develop a rhythm. So it is a constant start/stop procedure, which isn't fun. I look at patterns where the designer did lots of it (Nicki Epstein comes to mind) and wonder if she actually did it via a machine, whether a spool knitter or a big one. Not a problem, it doesn't feel like cheating to me. I'd do it if I had a machine that could take the yarn size. I hate it enough that my good blogless friend Dianne offered to knit some up on her machine, so I could avoid doing it. The package arrived in the mail today. It makes the Tomten sweater so much better! It went from a very utilitarian toddler's jacket to CUTE! I'll post pictures tomorrow. It is so cute, in fact, that I'm considering knitting up pockets, edging them with the leftover i-cord and attaching them.

Either I send off the yarn that was in the surplice sweater to Dianne for her to make i-cord for a tie for that sweater, or I'm going to cast on the appropriate number of stitches for the length I need for it, knit 4 rows and bind off. I've not decided. Perhaps a small swatch would be in order. I just know that if I try to knit an i-cord belt/tie, it won't get done.

I'm not sure what has triggered asthma this time, but something has. Blech I've nebbed 3 times today.

1 comment:

C4G said...

Hey there! I hate knitting icord too, blah!
While I am here I'd like to petition for your sponsorship...


I am participating in Blogathon 2007, if you don't know what Blogathon is, you can check out this website here:http://www.blogathon.org/index.php

What it is: Each participant stays up for 24 hours starting at 6AM on June 28th and posts a new entry into his or her blog every half-hour (approx) for the 24 hour period to raise money for charity. My charity of choice is the Raptor Education Group, INC (REGI), http://www.raptoreducationgroup.org/index.cfm , a local Wisconsin non-profit wild bird rescue and rehibilitation center. They run solely off of donations and they help my feathered friends go back into the wild, or if they are unable to be released, they are sheltered and cared for until the day they die a natural death.

Won't you help me help them? Click this here link to pledge any donation amount, big or small, in lump sum or by the hour, to my charitable bloggin efforts: http://www.blogathon.org/pledge.php?blogid=441

I am having a bit of a contest with this...the person giving the largest donation sum will recieve advertising space on my blog (right up top where everyone can see it!) AND in my email siggy line (down there where Susan's ad is at) for a FULL SIX MONTHS. So buisness owners...get those donations goin!! If you do not own a buisness, I will promote the buisiness of your choice or we can work something else out (like free fiber goodies). The second and third largest donations will get something special from me. :)