Sunday, July 15, 2007

One Finished Sweater!

This is the baby sweater I just finished. Isn't the pattern darling! I got it from Jimmy Beans Wool. It is the Presto Chango Sweater.
I changed the pattern to a stockinette panel in front as opposed to the stitch pattern because it wouldn't show up against the variegated yarn. I made it out of Brown Sheep Wildfoote in the Violet Garden colorway. I don't see it on any website, so it may be either a new colorway or a trial run. I love the color and it won't show baby mess, and since it is a sock yarn it can go in the washer and dryer. Since there are buttons on both sides, it can be for either a boy or a girl. (edited 7/16 to change the photo) I just changed the photo, as I figured out what caused the sweater to look so wonky in the photo I put up yesterday (I shortened the left seam as I sewed it, and the top button on the left was mis-placed.) A valuable reminder that when I think something is wrong, I should keep at it until I figure it out. I still may sew the right seam again, but at this point it is ready to go in the washer for the final step.

I have 2 more sweaters to finish. they really don't have that much more to do, hopefully I can finish soon! Of course, I've started another sweater. I'm using the same pattern as above, just because I think it is so practical. I hate sewing on buttons, but the effect is neat.

No comments: