Friday, December 15, 2006

Tag, I'm It!

I've been tagged by Judy.

“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

The mind boggles! Just 6? LOL

1. We/I love books. We have so many that the local library, when we lived in Eastern Colorado, would borrow our books for their patrons. We had a better science fiction/fantasy collection than any of the libraries in the area, at that time. Yes, the books were checked out to the patrons, just as any other book. The librarians didn't stamp our books, though.

2. I love to buy fabrics to make clothes, but seem to have trouble actually cutting out and sewing them. I HATE cutting out fabric!

3. I have the dubious honor of being the reason my sister had her tonsils removed -- the doctor gave my parents a discount for doing both of us at the same time, even though hers were healthy.

4. When my husband first met me he thought I was weird. I'm not sure he has ever changed his mind entirely, but he has learned to live with it.

5. I read while knitting. If it is a complicated pattern I listen to a book on tape or CD. I listen to books on tape when spinning too.

6. I share the birth date (month/day) with cousins from both sides of my family, and BOTH sides also have several more with birth dates within days of mine. Of the 10 of us in my generation on my mother's side, 4 cousins and my grandfather have a birthday between 24 - 26 January.

As for tagging, I'm going to go with:
Alison who is such a giving person;
Lianne a new knitter who is doing such a great job;
Kitman, who has recently been transplanted to the US and knits and crochets the most gorgeous stuff;
Serena maybe this way she'll finally post pictures of her birthday trip;
Joan, who has really pithy posts;
and Sande, an awesome spinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was too much fun. But I'm going to post it tomorrow--I was posting just as you were posting and we crossed in the mail there. Thank you, Mary!

-AlisonH, too lazy to sign in