Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday Check-in

The total mileage for this week isn't nearly as impressive -- I had to cut way back because of asthma. I had to skip a couple of days, and now I'm having to build back up. Instead of going an hour, I made it to 40 minutes today and consider that a victory of sorts. I don't think I'm going to be blowing by my mileage goal as I originally hoped, but I do plan to achieve it!

No, I don't like asthma, or prednisone, or the other things associated with it. But I WILL NOT allow them to leach my joy of life out any longer. I will cope with them, I will do what I need to do so that I can live as healthy of a life as I can (and yes, if that means using the nebulizer every 2 hours when out of control -- and calling the doctor -- I shall.) BUT, I will maintain as healthy of a lifestyle as I possibly can within the parameters imposed upon me from the outside.

Weight loss just scraped by this week, with a 1/2 pound down. I consider that a victory, as I have been on 120 mg of pred -- which has a side effect of causing one to eat whatever is in sight. The clothes are fitting better.




1 comment:

C4G said...

Hey there! I am a member of Traineo, a wieght-loss community that is free. You can see my progress page here: http://c4g.traineo.com/
It's free, and if you join we can modivate each other towards our goals. I have 38 LBS to go to my wieght-loss goal. :)