Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ER take 2 -- also known as Well, Darn!

I had one single tomato last night for dinner (hey we had talked about it in the ER and it was thought it was harmles) and we had a winner! sigh Within 15 minutes I started to have problems again. The longer it went, the more problems I had. Howard took me to the ER, where I got another IV with Benadryl (or something like it,) a shot of epinephrine, a nebulizer treatment, a Prednisolone taper, and a prescription for the something stronger than Benadryl (I'm feeling lazy and don't want to go see what it is.) See the doctor in the morning and STAY AWAY FROM TOMATOES! The ER doctor made a point of adding TOMATO Allergy to my chart. When asked if I could try tea again, she wasn't sure. I understand, she could have a lawsuit if a patient tried it on her suggestion and had more problems. So, I'll probably wait until the allergic problems swimming through my veins have a chance to go away, and try tea. Almonds? I don't know. Scary, isn't it!

I slept for a few hours, and woke up at 1:30 AM. Not able to go back to sleep, I'm on the computer and knitting.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. My allergies have never had me hospitalised, but they've made me very wary of eating certain foods, it's fruits that make my mouth itch.