I've finished with the main part of the body of my Mermaid. Still need to sew it together and do the i-cord finish (maybe in rust?) It is drying on the floor in the kitchen at the moment. I even washed it with the knitting needle in, holding all of the stitches!
I tried sewing up a shoulder last night, and wasn't happy with the results. I think Ms. Falkenberg has the slipped stitch edge at the shoulder to make a firmer fabric, but it doesn't seem to lead to easier sewing! I used the handy dandy sewing machine and sewed it up that way. The curl of the facing will disappear as I knit the i-cord on, but the needle in it is being difficult. I tried posing it, but wasn't successful.
After lots of talking with a friend, I've decided to do the sleeves in the rust color, with either the Brown or the Camel for the center stripe. The center stripe hasn't been decided yet. My main reason is that the camel/silk yarn, while it is wonderful after washing, resembles cotton while knitting. It doesn't knit as easily as the wool. I really struggled to get through the last band. Part of it was the "I'm almost done, why am I not FINISHED!" feeling, but part was fighting with the needle and yarn. So, I decided to knit it with something that I enjoyed knitting, instead of battling through 2 sleeves in a yarn that wasn't fun.