Sunday, January 14, 2007

Phooey

You know, one of these days my brain is actually going to start putting 2 and 2 together to make 4! I know that when I have trouble knitting, I should check my breathing levels for my asthma. But, when it happens, I can't put the pieces together enough to check. So, today I'd hoped to get to the toe of one of Margaret's socks. The gusset is finished with that one, and I'm well on the way to the toe. Just no interest in knitting today. Didn't think about it, just kind of hazed through the day.

Serena and I went to the bakery today -- it is a family tradition here. Mom, Dad, my sister and Serena all go when in town. Now that they've left for warmer climes, Serena goes by herself. So we went today. Before we got to the bakery, we stopped off and started laundry at the laundromat. Serena has a dryer, not a washer. She usually uses the one at Mom and Dad's place, but it is apartment size, and we had a lot of laundry to do. So, we started 3 oversized washers and then went to the bakery. After lots of fun talking with Rebecca, one of the owners, 2 meringues and a Danish, we picked up the laundry and brought it home. Took most of the rest of the afternoon to get it all dried. The cats, of course, thought the wet clothes were appalling, but the warm clothes fresh OUT of the dryer were wonderful! Did you hear the MINE again?

Just about bedtime, I commented that I'd not felt like knitting all day, even though I'd carried the socks around with me. Serena made the "duh" statement, "Have you checked your peak flow?" Yup, I should have done it. I nebbed too. Somehow, I haven't been able to hardwire my brain that those two go together. It is a proven fact in my life, if I don't feel like knitting, something is wrong. Serena knows it, Howard knows it, Dianne (my knit buddy) knows it. I think Nathan and Kim know it. Why can't I figure that out when I need to?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooops the asthma thing sounds familiar ;-)I hope it all worked out though.
Well the cat needs to learn 'MINE' highly important order ;-)
I have the same problem just before a migraine clicks in, and coffee tastes bad. The family are now all trained to say 'tablets' the minute I mention it!
Keep on enjoying yourself, and eat a cinnamon danish for me!
Judy

wheezeybouncer said...

i was about to be rude, but don't feel in any fit state to comment!

love you, mum!