Saturday, January 27, 2007

Poot!



I don't usually knit stranded knitting. I don't have a good rhythm for it, and - and - and. I look at it, admire it, and then have a tough time actually DOING it. But Dianne had given me two sample skeins of Koigu from Maryland Sheep and Wool. I wasn't sure there was quite enough to make a pair of socks. So, I added some teal Paton's Kroy and set off. Size 0 for the cuff, then a size 3 for the leg (so the stitches are larger.) You know, I worried that I didn't have enough room to put them on, but thought -- "It will be all right." Just about finished the leg and decided I'd dithered enough. Try the thing on! It won't go over my heel.

So, I can either finish this pair as wristwarmers, which had been my original idea before I knew how much yarn was in the skeins (would probably make 2 pair of wristwarmers) or frog back to the cuff and start again.

You know, maybe I should have stayed in bed today!

The stitch pattern is from "Swedish Sweaters" by Britt-Marie Christoffersson and is from the "Stars and Stripe" sweater.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Ooh, that's gorgeous!