Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Lace Sampling

I'm sampling lace right now, and am falling in love with Jaggerspun Zephyr again. This stuff is like butter to the hand! The stitch definition! Yum! This is an unblocked sample, in Pewter. It will be even nicer once it is blocked! I find that I am seriously craving some of the newish DK weight to knit up in a sweater for ME! As someone who is perpetually cold in winter, I think it would be lovely.

Speaking of being cold, I have to share a laugh at myself. I have been having what I thought were hot flashes at night -- my legs would get so warm! and then I would cool off. I had a hysterectomy in 2001 but I still retain my ovaries. So I don't really know where I am hormone-wise -- whether the ovaries are still producing or not. Hm, need to ask my sister where she is in the process! Anyway, last night I tossed off the comforter the OTHER direction, onto the floor. I didn't have a single "hot flash!" I looked, the comforter had landed on the heat register. The "hot flashes" were from when the furnace was running, blowing warm air on me! LOL I need to come up with a neater way of blocking the air, so I can get a good night's sleep!

2 comments:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Cant wait to see the blocked version of this lace project! I hope you will receive the package soon and you will like them! Let me know dear! Happy new year!

Unknown said...

Nice lace WIP there :-)

Bath towel on the heat sensor? Might not work as well as the duvet though ;-)

Happy new year!
Judy