Friday, January 07, 2005

Clapotis

I am in the what the ??? stage" with Clapotis. Thanks to having to look up the web address to copy it for here, I've found out the problem -- a missing [ in my printout. According to my printout, row 8 of section 3 doesn't have the start of a repeat, just the end. A tad confusing. sniffle

Remember how the directions usually say to work with 2 different skeins of hand-dyed yarns, to prevent striping? Guess who didn't? Guess who has a "nice" line on her Clapotis where one skein stopped and the next began? Oh well, it is a design feature, eh? sigh. I got tired of the pattern after I'd been at it for a while, so it isn't going to be nearly as wide as I'd orignally thought. Oh well.

My Lind is pilling. Already. Bad words. I wasn't happy with the weight of the zipper on it, but I really can't blame the zipper for this. It has already become a very comfortable sweater that I enjoy wearing. So, I'll probably make another out of other yarn, and search until I can find a lighter separating zip. But what am I going to do with the nearly a pound of yarn left? EEK! Can't be a sweater, it isn't going to hold up to the wear. grumble

Would anyone like to explain why we've had a light snow all day (woke up to the sound of snow plows going by) with a forecast of clear? whimper And COLD! Oh well, grumbling over.

I'll try to get a picture of Clapotis up tomorrow, as I've just done the first row that ravels. That is fun, for an occasional delight. Not too often, I'd hate to get into the habit.

Must pull out Lucy, my Louet S-10 and give her a spin. She is so nicely painted, she goes well with the plants in the living room! Mom and Dad want pictures of the house, I really should show them at least part of it, right? Hey, you saw the OUTSIDE now!

No comments: