Saturday, January 01, 2005

I surrender!

Howard's birthday (11/29) sweater has been languishing, waiting for the hems. Which I do NOT like doing. So, today, I picked up sts all the way around, and knit up a hem for it. The problem? Getting the hem to attach, without showing on the "public" side. Several hours later, several attempts down, and Howard said, "I thought you were going to have me do that." Fine. Frogged the attempted hem, and he is sitting in comfort, watching the bowl games, crocheting his hems. Around the bottom of his pullover, the sleeves, and the neck. That should take him through the Fiesta Bowl, right? That also gives me the opportunity to hopefully write another project off my "to do" list soon!

Need to look at my lists to see what should be done next.

My Lind is drying at the moment, I'm really hoping that blocking will help the bubbling of the zipper. If not, I'll think of something.

We had freezing rain in the night, several times during the day, and more expected tonight. Whoopee. There has been VERY little traffic on our street. The sanding truck started sliding down the very shallow hill beside the house, and put down the plow to stop the slide. Scared me, because there were several cars parked nearby that could have been hurt. Not ours, thank goodness, it was in the garage. I wonder why they salted the end of every driveway, and not the street itself? Seems a bit odd to me. I'll try to get pictures of some of the windows tomorrow, the ice coated the window and looks as if it were done that way where manufactured. Think the old windows that were deliberately bumpy to prevent people from seeing through them. Clear, but impossible to see details.


No comments: